20 April 2016
April 2016

IAPA’s 9th European ‘fly-in / fly-out’ event for it’s younger professionals was held on Friday 15 April in Istanbul.  We were delighted to welcome 30 delegates from 14 firms across 10 countries to take part in the one-day interactive seminar on International Tax, Double Tax Treaties and Transfer Pricing.

European chairman, Martin Clapson from Price Bailey, opened proceedings and was followed by host member, Ozgur Demirdovenfrom MED YMM ve Bagimsiz Denetim who welcomed all to this beautiful and historic city.  Delegates included some 18 new IAPA faces who had not attended an IAPA event before. 

To start the agenda, IAPA was pleased to introduce Ersin Nazali, a highly experienced tax specialist to present on International Tax, Double Tax Treaties and Transfer Pricing.  This was followed by a Q&A session that generated great discussions, further cementing knowledge learning across the pan-European group. 

In the afternoon, IAPA warmly welcomed Jay Sanghrajka, International Tax Partner for member firm Price Bailey.  Jay presented a wide ranging case study of a multi-national group of companies based in the aerospace industry with operations in a number of countries.  Attendees were divided into teams to discuss and present their solutions later in the day.

Key to the day’s success was member participation and it was a pleasure to see so many new and familiar faces networking, collaborating and creating global connections, whilst developing more in depth knowledge in these specialist areas. 

In addition to the programme, Stephen Hamlet, IAPA CEO, gave a short presentation on IAPA’s latest initiatives, including the new marketing materials available to members, and reaffirmed the main reasons for belonging to the association, highlighting the benefits for their practices and their clients.

The group finished the day with an evening boat cruise down the Bosphorus Strait.  Members continued their networking whilst watching the sun set on what had been a fantastic day.

Feedback from our delegates has been superb, with reports showing 87% stating the seminar and case study as “Excellent” (the remaining 13% marking them as “Good”); and with 100% of delegates stating the technical content and networking opportunities were either Excellent or Good.

With such success, IAPA looks forward to holding our next ‘fly-in / fly-out’ event for younger professionals in Paris in September/October time. 

want to read more?

Related Posts

To apply to be a member of IAPA please complete the application form by clicking the button below:
Apply to be a member